Friday, August 8, 2008

A Dragonfly For Flydragon

Glancing out my window one morning I saw this little fella hanging on the screen so out comes the camera.



I watched him for a while and he never moved. Not being able to sit idly by while something was taking a well deserved rest, I finally I poked on the screen with my finger. He still didn't move. So of course I poked a little harder and he fell off and plopped into the flowerbox. Poor little thing was dead. How was I to know?

I went outside and searched inside the box, saw him lying on his back and not leaving well enough alone, I reached in and picked him up. EWWWW.... MOVING.... NOT DEAD....DROP IT!!!! I'm fairly certain that I didn't actually scream that out loud, but I won't swear to it. And I wasn't really afraid of him, it was just that I was startled. Uh huh.
So there he was again, lying on his back in the flower box. This time I left him there in peace.




12 comments:

Susie said...

Poor dragonfly, but that's still a great picture.

flydragon said...

Hi Susie,
Thanks for stopping by. I love dragonflys. Not only do they make me laugh because they're so funny looking but they also eat mosquitoes!! Can't beat that combination.

beckie said...

I love dragonflies too! They are such delicate loking creatures and seemingly so gentle. But They are death to mosquitoes and their larvae. Thanks for visiting my blog, and hope to see more of yours.

Nunya said...

this is an amazing picture.

flydragon said...

Hi beckie,
I hope you see more of mine too, and I'll definitely be visiting yours.

flydragon said...

Connie
It is different isn't it. It looks like you're seeing it's underside. Maybe it was hanging on the screen backwards.

laurent Debordes said...

Hello I try to translate your text, but it's not easy, it is a great event for you and the dragonfly, and it gives a very interesting ...

flydragon said...

Hi Laubaine,
I know what you mean about translating text. I can't read your blog at all but I can still enjoy your pictures. Pictures look the same in any language.

Anonymous said...

Great photo. Nature's little creatures never fail to surprise us. I love dragonflies, but I don't want to touch one that is alive. Still get the creepy crawlies.

flydragon said...

Hi Eileen,
I think I would have been okay picking it up if I had known it was alive. It was thinking it was dead and then the sudden movement that startled me. I felt like such a sissy!!

marmee said...

that's is very funny. sounds like something we would all do. i think i might have heard a faint scream that day! lol

flydragon said...

Hi Marmee,
Actually I was fibbing when I said I didn't think I yelled out loud. I'm sure I gave such a holler that you did indeed hear me all the way down to TN. Sorry if I woke you up.